VOLUNTEER INFOONE Music Festival
JOIN THE ONE-TEAM
The vision of ONE Music Festival was born out of our passion for live music and a strong desire to see intergenerational evangelism and discipleship grow in our local church communities.
What better way to do it than through an all age music and arts festival; with a blend of wholesome music, food, messages of HOPE and creative arts, all geared towards intergenerational ministry.
However, it all couldn’t happen without the help of amazing volunteers. If you’re interested in joining the ONE-Team this year. we’d love your help! Please read through the information below. 2024 applications will open soon!
WHAT IS THE ONE-TEAM?
The ONE-TEAM is what we call our awesome volunteers!
WHAT DOES THE ONE-TEAM DO?
They work all over the festival on the day to support the festival committee and attendees and ensure that everyone has an incredible, fun, and safe experience at ONE Music Festival. As a member of the ONE Team, you could be doing anything from selling a band’s merch, to keeping an eye on various entry points, to greeting everyone as they come and go throughout the venue. Be sure to let our volunteer manager know what your personal interests are!
WHAT DO I GET IF I JOIN THE ONE-TEAM?
All ONE Team members will receive admission to ONE Music Festival and you can enjoy the festival whenever you’re not working. You’ll also get the official ONE Team t-shirt. Most importantly, you’ll get the sense of being a part of something special in sharing God’s love with others—the experience of working at a music festival, and playing a huge part in everyone’s experience! Not to mention, you’ll make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
HOW DO I JOIN THE ONE-TEAM?
Just follow these 7 steps and you’ll be good to go!
Be sure to read through all of the information available including the Scripture Unions Aims, Beliefs and Working Principals and code of conduct pledge.
Fill out the ONE Team application through the Scripture Union NSW Portal by clicking on the REGISTER HERE! button below.
- There is a $10 application fee which includes admission to ONE Music Festival, and a t-shirt to show everyone that you are part of the ONE Team. *This fee is not refundable.
- Unless you have a criminal conviction and/or are unwilling to make the code of conduct pledge or you’re under the age limit of 18 years old, you can pretty much guarantee that your application will be accepted.
Get assigned to your team!
- All volunteers will be assigned to a specific team. Meaning that if you get assigned to the Check-in Team, for example, that’s the team you’ll work on for all of your shifts.
- This will help build consistency for both you and the festival coordinators so that you’re trained on everything that they do and aren’t required to learn different systems on the day.
- As part of the application, you’ll be able to choose the top two teams you are most interested in working on. While we can’t guarantee you’ll get your top choice, we will do our best to get you on a team that fits your interests.
- You’ll be assigned to your specific team at least three weeks prior to when you are required to be on-site.
Get your ONE Team schedule!
- Schedules will also be released at least three weeks prior to when you are required to be on-site.
- This will allow you to know when you’re supposed to be working and give you an idea of what your free time at Alive will look like. What bands will you get to see? Which ones will you have to miss? All of that will be answered ahead of time so that if you have any issues, you can try and work it out.
- By giving you your schedules ahead of time, we hope that you’ll be able to resolve any conflicts before you get on site to check-in.
Check in at ONE Music Festival!
- All ONE Team members will check in at the Volunteer Check-In. Information about times and where to Check-In is located will be sent to those ONE Team members who have followed through with the whole application process and have been assigned to a team.
- All volunteers will receive their Full Event Wristband at their first check-in.
Work your shift!
- Shifts on the day last 2-3 hours (depending on the team).
- Be sure to check in 15-20 minutes early to your shift.
- All ONE Team members are expected to be on time, and wearing appropriate clothing for their shift:
- Think about the type of work that you’re going to be doing when deciding what to wear. Showing up in inappropriate clothing or without proper shoes could result in forfeiture of your shift and access to the festival as a ONE Team Volunteer.
- Be sure to bring sunscreen, a water bottle, and a snack!
- You’ll meet up with your Team Coordinator when you arrive at each of your shifts.
- Be sure to stay at your assigned location and task until you are either taken to another workplace or have been dismissed by a Coordinator. That’s the only way that you can be sure that it gets noted that you completed your shift.
Enjoy the experience and God-willing do it all over again next year!
ONE TEAM JOBS DESCRIPTION
There are a number of things you could be assigned to depending on your interest, skills or our needs:
- Check-in- Welcome and help check in all vendors, Artists, Patrons and volunteers by distributing their credentials and wristbands. Great for anyone who is detailed and enjoys customer service.
- Set up and Tear down-Assist in setting up the festival on the evening before and/or on the day of the ONE Music Festival concert and tearing down the festival on the same night or day after). Must be at least 18 years old and able to lift a minimum of 16kg. No open-toed shoes or sandals please. Safe work boots are recommended .
- Trafffic Control-Direct Patrons, artists, volunteers and vendors to the allocated parking spaces.
- Sanitation-We have a beautiful venue(s) to enjoy and we love to keep it that way! The Sanitation Team, you may assigned to help With covid-19 safe measures on the day, pick up trash, empty and replace the rubbish bins where needed, and help the venue remain clean throughout the event.
- Ticket sales- Sell tickets and distribute wristbands, provide customer service, and welcome patrons into ONE Music Festival. Strong customer service skills and the ability to handle money are a must.
- Vending- Sell artist and/or ONE Music Festival merchandise in the Marketplace Tent. Strong customer service skills and the ability to handle money are a must. *Must be at least 18 years old. *
RECRUITED POSITION TEAM
Available only for those who have been contacted by a Coordinator for a team we have not listed here.
Assist in loading/unloading band gear and setting it up/tearing it down for the band performances. Must be at least 18 years old, and able to lift a minimum of 16 kgs . No open-toed shoes or sandals, please. safe work boots are recommended.
We will have a SUNSW craft tent manned for 3 hours for our visitors to enjoy on the day. We are looking for a fantastic, fun and creative Craft Team who can help with the running of the tent. You will be helping to oversee our range of craft activities on the day. You’ll need to be able to stand on your feet for long periods and be good at helping people in a lively and busy atmosphere.
You may have experience running crafts or organising small-group activities, or just generally be blessed with creative skills; if so, we’d love to hear from you and see the possibilities of incorporating your ideas!
ONE TEAM PLEDGE
By signing up as a ONE TEAM volunteer, you will be committing to the following:
- I have a relationship with Jesus and strive to live for Him in every area of my life.
- I commit to upholding the Scripture Union Aims, Beliefs and Working Principles and agree to work under them during the event.
- I commit to doing my best for the Lord and for His glory.
- I commit to treating everyone at the festival with the utmost love, respect, and kindness.
- I commit to being drug and alcohol-free while serving at the festival.
- I commit to dressing modestly and appropriately while serving at the festival.
- I understand by breaking this pledge, am liable to the release from my volunteer contract.
Before applying, please read through all of the available information, including the SUNSW
Aims, Beliefs and working Principals and ONE-Team job Descriptions.